Sunday, July 5, 2009

3 more beaches added to the list

Since it was a holiday weekend I had an extra day off and you know what that means....... another day for the beach. This weekend I was able to get 3 different beaches in my list of ones visited this summer - and yes, I'm keeping an actual list. Friday I hung out with my friend from work, Elizabeth, and we went to Point Magoo (I think that was the name of the beach) during the day, and then headed up to Camarillo to shop at the outlets. What I learned from that day, I love the Banana Republic Outlet and I also love the Burbank area. If I end up staying in this area forever then that's definitely somewhere I'd consider living.

On the 4th I went with my roomies to "Huntington Beach" or so we thought. After spending a couple of hours with just our little group laying out on the beach we decided we should meet up with the rest of the people that we knew that were on the beach. It wasn't until then that we realized we were nowhere near the other people and we also couldn't see the pier. This is when one of the girls asked somewhere where we were and we found out we were actually at Sunset Beach. So then we all got back in the car drove down the coast until we hit Huntington. *Side note: It was during this trip down the coast that I discovered the location of my favorite beach from childhood. That's right.... Bolsa Chica is right in the middle of Sunset and Huntington! This and the Banana Republice Outlet were definitely the best finds of my week, dare I say the best finds of my time here so far. Side note over.* So we finally get to Huntington with enough time for Melanie and I to play in the water for a little bit. It was really fun. The water was so cold but we just got used to it and it ended up being totally worth it. The rest of the night entailed some random beach houses, a taco restaurant that wouldn't make me a cheese quesidilla, an awesome firework show on the beach, followed by some incredible people watching at another random beach house party, and then of course I fell asleep in the backseat of the car on the ride home.

All in all, another great LA weekend. This city grows on me more and more everyday. I'm excited for next weekend because either I'll spend a day at the pool at my apartment for the first time or I'll be trying out another beach. Either way, it has the making of a great weekend all over it.

1 comment:

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

you need to post some pictures! I'm craving the beach! you lucky DAWG!