Saturday, November 24, 2012

Life of a single girl

Two recent and funny stories about the adventures of a single working girl (the business professional kind - not the hooker kind).

A week ago when I was signing the deed for my new house the deed read as follows, "Genna Mugleston, an unmarried woman ..." No joke. I started laughing and of course making jokes about it when I saw that. Nothing like having your singleness permanently recorded.

Then today while cleaning the carpets at my new house the guy turns to me out of the blue and goes "So long have you been married?" I let out a little laugh and told him I wasn't married and he goes "oh then I need to find someone to set you up with." Note that I'd never met this man before this morning. The take away from this story is that even strangers are starting to feel the need to help me find a date. Lovely.

No comments: