Friday, May 16, 2008

The verdict is in...

Ok, so it's taken me a little longer than anticipated to update my blog, but here is the story about finding out the decision on my Macc (Masters of accountancy - grad school) application.

Wednesday I stayed up late talking to one of my friends and then at about 2 or 2:30ish I decided it was time for bed. But see, I have this problem where I don't sleep even though I'm totally tired, so I decided I'd just watch the season finally of America's Nest Top Model on my computer. So at about 3 or 3:15 a.m. I finally decide to get in bed. Well I laid there and couldn't stop thinking how in about 12 hours there would be a committee meeting to basically decide how the next few years of my life will go. Will I be staying in Provo for another year or 2 more years? Will I be getting my Macc at BYU or probably in California? So, of course I start stressing out and now am even more awake and nervous. Since I hate just lying awake in bed knowing that I won't be sleeping I decide to just mess around on my computer until I am ready to fall asleep. I didn't really have anything to do, so I just went and checked an email the school of accountancy had sent to all the Macc applicants that just talked about the decision process, when it would take place, and when we should know by. Well, I've had it in my mind that the decision was going to be made on Thursday, May 15, but when I checked the email it said that they would be meeting and deciding on Wednesday, May 14. At this point I'm a little relieved that I won't have to worry all Thursday about the meeting, but I'm also nervous wondering if I got in. So, I decide to look up my application to see if there had been a decision made and posted on it yet. At 3:50 a.m. I clicked on the link and a page opens up that says

Application status for Genna Mugleston

We are pleased to offer you admission to the Macc!

(Maybe not exactly like that, but close enough!) So I start freaking out! I instantly start balling which last for a good half an hour, and was soooooo excited. I wanted to start screaming and jumping around, but since it was 4 in the morning there was no one awake and so no one to tell. =( I had to tell someone, so I sent Nicole (my roommate/best friend) a text that just said I got in. Even though I was ridiculously excited I was still a little nervous, because I was so worried that since I had yet to receive and email from them saying the decisions had been made I feared that if I went to bed and tried again to access my application status in the morning I would no longer be accepted. Needless to say the problem of not being able to sleep just got worse, and I ended up saying awake until about 6:30 in the morning. (Kinda crazy and trust me, I've learned my lesson! I am too old to pull an all-nighter!) Luckily I realized that I would be dead the next day if I didn't get some sleep so at 6:30 a.m. I went to bed and slept till a little before noon. When I woke up I double checked (more like quadruple or sextuple checked at least!) and nothing had changed! I was still in!!! So of course I called my mom and told her and we freaked out together for a little bit and then I called the rest of my family and told them, and then I proceeded to tell everyone else I came in contact with yesterday!!! But that's it! That is how I found out I got into the Macc. A good day if you ask me!

No comments: