Friday, February 6, 2009

Diagnosis

After running some more tests today the results of my dad's condition came in. He has a 9 centimeter tumor on one of his kidneys and the other kidney looks like it is functioning alright, but it has a stone that will need to be removed. The surgery will be in about a week and half. They wont know if the tumor is cancerous at all until they remove it. The crazy thing is that he originally went in yesterday because he was getting blood clots in his bladder that made it so he couldn't pee, but had it not been for those blood clots he would never have gone in and found out about the tumor because minus the blood clots he feels normal. So in a weird way he's lucky. But one thing is that my dad has a low platelet count normally so they have to have a hematologist come in for the surgery to make sure everything with his blood is fine. In the mean time they'll let him go home until the surgery if the clot problems goes away otherwise I think he'll stay in the hospital for a few days. I'll be going down for the surgery and some days around it but I'm hopeful that everything will turn out just fine. I love my dad, he's seriously one of the greatest people I know so he's gotta be fine.





3 comments:

Kim Martin said...

I am sure he will be fine too, but I will definitely keep him in my prayers! xo

MeganDan said...

oh my goodness... I had no idea what was going on. I love your dad. I'll keep him in my prayers. Love you lady!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

Genna! I found your blog from Kelsey's! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.... I hope everything goes fine!