Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tears

So I've been thinking lately about crying and how I can get so emotional over a movie or a book and then I feel retarded for crying all the time. When I was talking to a friend about this and about Mother's Day they brought up this poem thing they'd heard once so I googled and found it. I think it's pretty good and so now I figure I'm just getting a head start on the motherly crying times.

A little boy asked his mother
“Why are you crying?”

“Because I’m a woman”,
she told him.
“I don’t understand”,
he said.
His mum just hugged him
and said, “And you never
will”

Later the little boy asked
his father, “Why does mother seem to cry for
no reason?”
“All women cry for no reason”,
was all his dad could say.
The little boy grew up and became a man,
still wondering why women cry.
Finally he put in a call to God; and when God got on
the phone, he asked, “God, why do women cry so
easily?”

God said:
“When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the
world; yet, gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and
the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going
when everyone else gives up, and take care of her
family through sickness and fatigue without
complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under
any and all circumstances, even when her child has
hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her man through his
faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his
heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good man never
hurts his woman, but sometimes tests her strengths and
her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed.
This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is
needed.

You see:
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,
the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her
hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes,
because that is the doorway to her heart - the place
where love resides.

-Author Unknown

1 comment:

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

first, I'm copying that poem. second, are you back in provo? how long was your internship? sorry I haven't checked peoples blogs in so long.