Thursday, June 4, 2009

UPDATES*

There are sooo many things that have happened since my last post. First of all I finally moved to LA!!! After talking about it for so long the time finally came for it to happen! Of course it was kinda scary moving somewhere so different all by myself but I'm definitely glad I did! I moved there last Friday and my sister, Michele, cam up from Temecula to help me move into my new place. I live in downtown, less than a mile away from my office. The apartment building itself it pretty nice but the surrounding area is a little sketch. Sunday night my roommate and I watched a guy standing on the corner trying to figure out if he was waiting for a drug deal or something to go down. Unfortunately after standing pretty confidently for a while a car drove by that must have spooked him and he hurried to his car and drove off in a different direction. It was pretty interesting!!

My first few days in LA involved, lots of unpacking and trying to organize/reorganize, walking around downtown with Chel & Mia trying to find my office building, being really really sick (killer food poisoning) but still going on a way cool hike in the mountains, sleeping over 12 hours one night (the night I was really sick), a sweet cookie party at the apartment down the hall, getting completely lost every time I go outside, and lots of meeting new people.

On Monday my new roommate, Melanie, drove me to the airport to catch my plane for Georgia. I ended up sitting next to a girl on that plane that was a new intern too, and guess what .... we are practically bffs now cuz not only did we sit by each other on the plane but then we were roommates at the hotel, in the same office, and in the same group at the training and back in LA. It's pretty sweet.

Well class (training) is about to start again, so I gotta go!

3 comments:

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

Genna!! how fun! i love hearing updates from your adventurous life. i wish i was living in LA for the summer! Lucky!

Eric and Michelle said...

Whoa Genna... you are so dang cool now! You're life is definitely beginning a new chapter this summer! I hope training and all is great and that you are the best intern EVER!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

That's ironic about the girl you sat with being in your group and hotel and stuff. Post some pics of LA.