Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The End of my LA Summer

It has been so long since I updated this. At this point I'm back in Provo and finishing up my last year of school. But so much happened my last month in LA and so I want to do a quick recap on my summer.

In addition to all the awesome things I already mentioned in older posts the rest of my summer in LA was spent doing the following:
  • More beach time. I don't think I will ever get sick of the beach. So much fun.
  • I had a great little summer fling, pretty fun while it lasted although there was some associated drama. But who doesn't want to move to a cool city and have a fun summmer romance?
  • I GOT A JOB OFFER! At the end of my internship PwC gave me an offer for full-time employment that will start next fall after I graduate. I'm super excited to go back there! PwC is so fun and I love the people I worked with, so fun.
  • A bunch of the interns went to Dinseyland after our last day of work. We had some much fun! We ate at Club 33 in Disneyland that is this super exclusive club that PwC is a member of. Hands down the fanciest (and most expensive) meal I have ever had. Also it look us 3 hours for dinner and I don't think I've ever had a meal last that long. But it's a sweet deal cuz you pay for you meal and then get a free hopper pass for the theme parks. Granted the price of the meal is like the same price as the park tickets but for the same price you also get a super fancy dinner out of it. I seriously love the interns. We had so much fun and I love that we've been staying in contact since we've all dispersed back to our schools.
  • My friend Cameron and I went to the Long Beach Aquarium my last week in LA which was also fun. I pet a bunch of fish and a sting ray was kind of obsessed with me. Cameron put some sweet pictures and videos up of it on my facebook so feel free to check those out. The videos kill me. We had so much fun!
  • I seriously had the best roommates ever this summer. I was really lucky and loved all my roommates but the last month it was just me, Janae, and Heather living in our apartment. We had so much fun and it was probably my favorite living situation ever! We had roommate chats every night and then Janae would help solve my problems by reading the cards for me. Also they were responsible for my summer fling so thanks guys! Yentas are the best! I am very much looking forward to living with at least Janae again, and if Heather is still around (which for multiple reasons I'm supposing she won't be) I hope her too. Oh how I miss them!
  • I got some sweet PwC swag including a backpack, juggling balls, a cute internship scrapebook with so many fun pictures from the summer and the last day of work, a t-shirt, oh yeah and the fact that I don't have to worry about what I'm going to do after graduation. Thank you PwC!
  • Every year there is a Mormon Dodger night. It was so cool. Elder Boyd K. Packer threw out the opening pitch. It was adorable. They also welcomed the different stakes in the LA area that were there that night - Go LA 1st ward/stake! Elizabeth Tucker and Rodrigo Vicuna (other interns I worked with) came with me too. They are honorary Mormons and Elizabeth spent most of the night trying to pick out a husband for me. She's so thoughtful. =) Also, Michael Orton, Emma Douglas, and James Barker (Orange County interns) came up for the game too. Such a blast!
  • One weekend Emma and I went to a movie theather on Sunset in Hollywood and it was the weirdest theater ever. It was in a dome room that looked like a giant beehive - we almost felt like we were back in Utah. Then on the inside it looked like a play type theater cuz there was a stage and then a big curtain and there were ushers with little flashlights and everything. It was the weirdest but coolest thing ever. We saw the movie "500 Days of Summer". The movie was great and the park bench the main guy sits on a lot during the moving is actually right by my office building. I walked past that spot all the time and you can also see my office building a ton during the movie. I loved it.
  • I saw the play Fiddler on the Roof at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood. I loved the movie and thought the play was so good too! The Pantages is really pretty and that night I also ate a Rosco's chicken and waffles which was also quite the experience in and of itself. I really wanted to run into Snoop Dog there, but alas he was not there.
  • In addition to seeing Dr. Robert Ray at church again (but this time with his family) I also saw.....Will Farrell! One day when I was on my lunch break with Elizabeth and Fuchi we went down to the different food places below our building and found a table and there was Will sitting a few tables away from us wearing sunglasses and reading a newspaper. It was pretty cool. Gotta love LA!
Well I'm sure there are so many more things that happened but I can't remember anything else at the moment. I've had some pretty great summers but I think this one may have topped all the others. I miss my intern friends, roommates, and so many other things about LA (Yogurtland!). I'm trying to stay positive about spending another year in Provo, but I wish just about everyday I was back in LA.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm so glad that you had blast but two things i'm a little sad about.
1-your best living situation. Excuse me am i chopped liver! JK..but seriously? ;)
2-why have i not heard about this fling. Pleas call or e-mail me soon.

Love ya

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!! Summer romance?! how exciting! i want to see your face!! im so sad our salt lake saturdays has been postponed!!