Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy September 15!!

That's right, it's September 15 and I'm still alive! Can you believe it?! Yeah, me either, but somehow I've survived my first busy season as a real working accountant.

It's weird now looking back at the past month or so because it seems like it actuallly went by really quickly, but that's because literally all I've done for the past month or so was work. And as crazy as my schedule seemed there were so many people who worked so many more hours than I did. I really don't know how they did it. I would go into the office between 8 and 8:30 every day and then leave at like 10 or 10:30. I pulled two all-nighters. The first was after working like 12 or 13 hours at the office I went home and worked from 11:30 pm to 5 am. That was a looooooong day. Lucky my DP got me through it. The next one was during my weekend in Utah (which I went out there to help with recruiting at BYU). I had worked for a few hours in the morning before I had to check out of my hotel, and then I hung out with friends the rest of the day. After that I still had a bunch of work to do so when I got back to Rachelle's apartment I worked from midnight to 8 am.

It was rough working so much, but I'm not as burnt out as I thought. Which is good since I'm still gonna be busy through October 15. Most people don't know why we are busy this time of year, but it's because seriously everyone is on extension. So corporations and trusts on extension were due by today and then individuals and state returns are due by October 15. But for now I'm enjoying a nice little break and am loving leaving the office while it's still light outside. I was even able to make it to FHE this week - miracle of miracles.

Anyways, now that work is starting to mellow I'm switching my focus to be all about the CPA exam. I really need to get 2 done by the end of the year because they are changing parts of the test and these ones will be harder/more involved starting January 1st. So I'm just going through all the paperwork stuff now and after taking a few days to unwind from busy season I'm going to start cramming for the exams. Wish me luck!

Have I mentioned I LOVE LA lately? Cuz I do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Genna. You're such a grown up!

Janine said...

My daughter plans on going to BYU-I this fall. Can you give us any tips, suggestions, etc regarding housing and how to get scholarships? She is currently serving a mission in Colorado so I'm helping with the research, etc.