Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A break from real life

I'm so excited right now because tomorrow instead of waking up and driving into downtown LA for another long day at the office I get to pack up and take off for a long day of driving.

I haven't been to St. George since the very beginning of July and while for most people that may not be a very long time since they've been home for me it feels like forever. During school I would go home maybe every month or two and after nieces and nephews came along even more often. I'm really looking forward to going home for a few days. Isn't it weird how there's something about just being at home that kind of rejuvenates you? All I know is that after the last 5 crazy, hectic, fun, challenging, and over worked months nothing sounds better than just being back at home. Maybe it's because I wish I could go back to being a kid again. Don't get me wrong, I feel lucky to have my job and the life I have, and to be living out here in LA. I enjoy the freedom to do what I want when I want, when I'm not working of course. But man, sometimes I wish I could go back to the carefree days of childhood where all I wanted to do was jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler on, or dig a hole in the gully, or walk to the park with my mom and Coco. It's weird because I'm still young but I feel like so much has happened in my life already. Not as much as other people of course, but looking back it's been an amazing 23 years so far. I guess I'm pretty tired right now and I just read Chelsi's blog which always makes me more thoughtful and emotional, but it's crazy how fast time flies. That's what hits me most about the last 5 months of my life since moving out here. All of the sudden you start your career and before you know it 5 months, a year, 5 years have come and gone. I guess my advice to anyone reading this and I guess to myself too is to enjoy your life. Time comes and goes so quickly so make the most of it while you can. Make great memories to look back on.

Well that is not the post I expected to write when I opened my blog, I was going for something upbeat and exciting about how I can't wait to see my parents, and sister, and nieces and nephews, and all the red rocks tomorrow, but all that other stuff came out instead. Anyways, I'm off to bed so I can wake up and get on the road at a decent time tomorrow. See, even that was such an adult consideration...

Goodnight blog world.

No comments: