Thursday, April 6, 2017

After You

It’s book review time!


Last week I finished reading the book After You by Jojo Moyes. This is the sequel to the amazing book (and movie) Me Before You. Disclaimer: while I disagree with some of the decisions made in Me Before You (ok maybe just one of the decisions) I still loved the book and movie. I couldn’t put the book down and I loved who they chose for the movie. So as soon as I finished the first book and learned there was a second I ran out and bought it.

If you loved the first book like I did, prepare to be sorely disappointed with the second. In hindsight I kind of wish I wouldn’t have read it. I didn’t like what happened to the characters I loved in the first book. I just found it frustrating and painful to get through. The first book I read so quickly and couldn’t get enough. This book I couldn’t seem to finish it. I swear I was reading and had 50 pages remaining for a week straight. It felt like I was not making any headway with it. There were a few parts that started getting more interesting and gave me some hope that when I finished the book I would realize I actually liked it, but alas that did not happen.

So, my recommendation – SKIP IT!

Now I’m reading The Zookeeper’s Wife which is a movie coming out this week I believe. I’m only a couple of chapters in, but I’m hoping this book will be a lot better than the last one I read. I will write a review of that when I finish as well. 

No comments: