Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reunited and it feels so good

So today was my first time reuniting with my friend Cameron Nelson from freshman year. Back then we met one long and awesome night where there was talk about buying land to build an really tall and slim building on, playing Frisbee in the street between DT and the Conference Center, past-midnight 7-11 run, and then a mass sleepover on our friend's grandmother's back yard.

Although our friendship usually consists of slurpies, we decided to venture out today and along with my friend Meaghan Reese we went to Los Hermanos for dinner and then, after dropping Meaghan off, Cameron and I played around with my longboard while we took a little walk around where I live.

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous at first to hang out with him again. What if hanging out now wouldn't be as fun as it was back then? What if we had nothing to say to each other? I know that it's stupid to be nervous reuniting with an old friend, but I was. Luckily, with the exception of a few silent pauses that weren't super awkward (at least that's what I thought) we had a pretty fun time, at least I did. Catching up was fun, and it's good to know our friendship can survive without a slurpie being involved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh! why haven't you called me?