Tuesday, July 8, 2008

time for a change

So after stalking a couple other people's blogs I decided it was time to change mine up a bit. Who knows how long this change will last, but it should be fun for the next little bit.

Here's my question though... how do people have enough to write about when they update their blogs everyday. My days are all basically the same:
  • Wake up between 10 & 12 depending on if I work in the morning or at night
  • Go to work
  • Check Facebook, maybe search for new music
  • Go to the pool (this is usually done at least once if not twice a day!)
  • Watch some TV (Jon & Kate plus 8 is my favorite!!!)
  • Go to bed between 1 & 3
  • Start over the next day
I could write about work, the tables I serve that day or how good or bad my tips were, or how annoying (or helpful, if I get really really lucky) the back people were that day, but after the first sentence no one would want to read any more. But let me just say this, I really am the bomb server. My tables love me, and I try to always put things in the computer so that my tables pay the least amount for their food while still charging them for everything. Oh, and the secret to getting good tips... to-go drinks. People love it when you take them a to-go cup without them asking for it! Then they pay and leave happy, a plus for the server. And one last server note, if your server ever adds gratuity to your bill, tip on top! Even if it's just a little bit extra it really makes your server happy! Enough of that, hopefully you weren't too bored and are still reading.

What else is there to talk about, the pool? There's water, some hot some cold. I have developed a swimsuit addiction this summer. Last summer I had 2 swimsuits, the most I'd ever had at a time, until this summer. Within the last month I've bought 8 swimsuits! A little extreme I know, but they were all on sale for pretty cheap, and with how often I go to the pool/ hot tub they wear out really fast. So I don't feel guilty about that!

I do have an office quote-a-day calendar which I love starting my day with. Sometimes I want to post on here that day's quote, but my favorite ones are ones that I don't know if I want everyone who sees my blog to see them. Whatever, I love the office and Jim and Pam of course, who by the way, her real name is Jenna (Pam's is). I know it's spelled different, but whatever, it's pronounced the same, so if we were in the same room and someone said our name we'd both respond, that's be sweet!

Anyways, that enough of an update for now. Maybe there'll be something to add tomorrow....

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I loved this post because I felt like I was talking to in person. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love Jon and Kate plus 8!!! Sadly we don't get cable here and we are trying to save money :(

Ashlee said...

I use the to go cup trick too!
Always works. People love that stuff!