Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Week Down

So the first week of the new semester is over and I must say it's been a pretty good week. I was finally able to work out all the kinks in my class schedule Monday night and so now my schedule is perfect. I am taking 15 credits but the best part is that I only have classes on Monday and Wednesday! I'm also taking an independent study class which, if you don't already know, just means I can do the class work online whenever I have time. Basically it's the easiest way to finish one of my last GE's without dealing with sitting through another boring class.

After my schedule working out on Monday I was excited to have a relaxing Tuesday. I initially thought I would just wake up, maybe go tanning, grab some kneaders breakfast or something, and then just kind of bum around the rest of the day. Well, as great as that sounded something better actually happened. When I first woke up I got a text from a friend telling me that her job was hiring. (I had put that I was looking for a job on my FB status Monday night. I'm guessing she saw that and then sent me the text.) Anyways, she sent me her manager's number and for a second I contemplated calling him later and continuing on with my earlier plans. BUT I decided to do the responsible thing and so I called the guy and set up an interview for like an hour later. I went in for the interview and after talking with the guy for like 15 minutes he ended up hiring me on the spot (which he and my friend who works there said never happens. Go me!). After he said I got the job he put me on the schedule starting on Thursday. So in a matter of 2 hours I went from jobless to on the schedule. Successful morning if I do say so myself. Oh, the place is called renevati and it's a college advising call center. It's pretty chill and it pays well and the schedule is perfect for me.

So to sum up, my class schedule is perfect and now I have a job with an awesome schedule too. Not a bad first week.

No comments: