Monday, June 21, 2010

The Last Week

The time has finally arrived, and this is my last week in Provo. Doesn't it feel like I've been talking about moving forever?!

Everyone keeps asking if I'm so excited to be moving and of course I am. How could I not be. But I'm feeling like every other possible emotion as well. I'm nervous, apprehensive, worried, happy, sad, optimistic, relieved, etc.

Housing worked out perfectly (at least the LA part. I still haven't been able to sell my contract here in Provo, so I'll be paying rent in Provo & LA for July & August which totally sucks!) and I'll be moving straight to Santa Monica to live with my friend and roommate from last summer, Heather Hinton. I love that girl. She's such a great roommate and I'm really excited to live with her again. Also, my room in LA is HUGE!! And my other roommate from last summer whose spot I'm going to be taking over is going to leave all her furniture in the room for me to use. Her furniture is really cute and looks great in the room and works out perfectly since I don't have any furniture like at all. Let me explain why the room is so great and then I'll put up some of the pictures she sent me. First off, let me just say again that the room is huge. Anyone who has seen the size of my room in Canterwood knows that most rooms are bigger than my current one, but this one really is big. Then I not only have a nice, big walk-in closet but I also have a coat closet, in my room, that's all mine! Then there's the cute vanity/sink area, linen closet, and bathroom. Then on the patio of the apartment we have a hammock, how cute/fun/great is that?!! Still adding to the greatness is that the apartment complex has a gym, pool, and hot tub. Oh, and did I mention it's like maybe 10 miles from the beach. Yeah, I'm lucky and happy about where I'm moving to.

So the plan is to spend this week packing up my apartment, and boy do I have a lot of stuff to move! It's also my last week of work here and then trying to get together with friends before I go. Some of my friends are throwing me a Going Away party on Thursday night which will be really fun to get to see everyone again. I've made such good friendships the last 5 years and there are some people I will miss like crazy!

Then on Monday I'll move down to St. George. Originally I was just going to be there for like 2 days then go to LA on the 1st, but now I've decided to stay in St. George for the week and spend the 4th with my family. I love the 4th of July in St. George. We always have a BBQ then go watch the in town fireworks at the same spot of the part in the middle of town and then we go home and do our own fireworks. I love it. Then I'll just move down to Santa Monica on the 5th, get all unpacked and then have a day to relax before starting work on the 7th. And that is the play by play of my next two weeks.

Now for the pictures.....

These first ones are of my room. And I love the tree outside my window.
(Warning you will see 2 bras in these pictures. It's a girls room, what do you expect.)
Such a big bed!
Sadly the TV won't be staying
View from my bed of the other part of my room
The walk-in closet!
The coat closet
The hallway in my bedroom, yeah I have my own little hallway
First thing you see when you walk in my room
Hammock! How great is this?!

No comments: