Saturday, June 12, 2010

Let's talk

about speed limits.

Most of the time I'm not a huge fan and think they should be higher, but today was more frustrating than normal. I've noticed recently that people in Provo have decided to ignore speed limit signs and pick their own speeds. Normally I would be a big proponent of this type of behavior except that the new speeds being chosen are around 15 mile below the actual speed limit. So annoying!! Today was especially madening because on the other side of the road there were a bunch of people running a race or something. So of course people decided to not only stare at the runners going by but they also thought it was a good idea to go between 15-20 miles under the speed limit. I understand wanting to be cautious but we were on the other side of the road from them and there was another lane or two of traffic between my lane and the runners.

Moral of the story, drive the speed limit or faster or please just let me get around you. Thank you.

No comments: