Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Shakey Start

Literally.

Today was not only my first day of work at PWC, but it was also my first earthquake since moving out here. Both experiences were not as bad as I may have anticipated.

Work this morning was pretty fun for a first day. It was great to see so many of my internship friends and the OC office met in LA today so Emma and I had a sleepover and drove to work together. And the commute was not as bad as I was expecting, it only took like 35 minutes to get to work and maybe like 20 or so to get home. Not bad at all.

Then after work, Emma and I came back to my apartment and were just hanging out in my room for a bit, which is even bigger than I had anticipated and I love it! I was playing on my computer which had just arrived at my apartment after being in the shop for the second time when all the sudden I realized my bed was shaking. I couldn't figure out if it was some construction outside or a moving floor or something so after shaking for a bit I finally mentioned to Emma that I thought my bed was shaking and she said that her chair had been shaking and she was wondering what was causing that too. Then like 2 seconds later we started seeing a bunch of peoples facebook status talking about the earthquake that hit down south. Crazy huh?!

Anyways, I really do love it out here all ready. It is weird thinking I'm not going back to Provo and that when everyone starts classes again in the fall I'll just still be going to work. But I think I'm really going to love it out here. I'm looking forward to getting in a routine and learning the area better and going to the beach.

Oh, and most importantly, George is doing great. I think he really likes it out here and is happy to get back in my room and not banished to the kitchen table.

Well I guess that's enough of the adventures of G & G (Genna & George) in LA for now.

1 comment:

Dan, Lauren, and Sadie said...

wow genna thats awesome! my family and i were just out there a couple weeks ago.. we rented a beach house on manhattan beach. and my brother showed us around his old mission which was arcadia and places around there... which part of LA do you live in?