Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday Thinking

As I'm sitting here in the sacrament meeting of the Ysa ward my records are in I keep debating with myself if I really need to stay for all 3 hours of church. Normally I go to a family/MSA ward in downtown Dallas that I love and have a bunch of friends in and I never think about leaving that ward early. But man, I really struggle with the YSA ward. 

It made me think about how many times throughout the years I've sat in meetings discussing how many people come to sacrament meeting and then don't stay for the other 2 hours. I never understood that. How hard can it be to just sit somewhere for a few hours once a week? Well it's safe to say I now get it. 

And as I was sitting here thinking this I kind of mentally chuckled at my young self who didn't "get it". Oh how much wiser I am now. Now I know. But maybe that's not it....

Maybe it has a lot more to do with where I'm at spiritually than where I'm at in age. I feel like my testimony is still strong, but maybe these feelings are a sign that I've got some real work to do. 

Just some food for thought on this Sunday. 

***Update***

Not only did I decide to stay for all 3 meetings, but I was also extended (and accepted) a calling, met the Relief Society President, and found out she is my visiting teacher. Things just got real. 

No comments: