Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Random Thoughts

Here is a list of the random thoughts in my head lately. In no particular order.

Cruises are the best vacations ever. They are relaxing and easy. And once you get on the ship it’s like everything is taken care of for you – food, room cleaning, movement between destinations, entertainment, and did I mention food. I definitely need to do a longer cruise for my next one. These 3 day cruises just aren’t long enough.

I held a dolphin like a baby and basically hugged another one. It was amazing.

Being 29 feels just like 28.

When I was in college I determined 28 would be a good age to get married. Whoops, botched that plan.

Being single has its perks. For example, I can spend my money however I want. Fun vacations? Definitely. Online shopping? You betcha. Pampering myself with mani/pedis and massages. Why not. That’s not to say blowing through my money is cool or my plan, but I can do fun stuff with some of the extra. Also, I really do love the freedom of being single. I don’t have to account to anyone about where I’m going, what I’m doing, when I’ll be back. It’s pretty nice.

I love my life in Dallas. There’s always something to do. My new friends are awesome. Reconnecting with my old college friends who live here now has been great. I just feel like there are so many more possibilities. I can’t wait to buy a house here and make things more permanent!

I think my job at SkyWest kind of ruined me (not in a bad way). I was SO busy all the time there. I had so many responsibilities that rested almost solely on my shoulders that I felt like I was always playing catch-up. And while that was stressful at times, that was the workload I got used to after years of doing it. It wasn’t necessarily long/late hours, but rather it was a pretty jam packed day. And just about every day was like that. Now that I’ve been at two other companies I see how rare that experience was. I have so much less on my plate these days I almost find myself bored trying to come up with things to fill my time. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just an adjustment I’m working through. Instead of just churning out reports and returns I’m thinking ahead about how I can improve processes and creating workpapers from scratch that I’ll potentially use for years to come. It’s definitely a completely different style of work. And I still find it so weird that I can be paid more money for less work and less responsibility.

Not gonna lie, I’m a little worried about this new virus I’ve seen popping up, the Zika virus, because I came back from my cruise with a ton of bug bites and apparently this virus can be spread by mosquito bites. – Actually, I just read some news articles on this virus and apparently its main concern is for pregnant women. So I’m fine. Phew.

I started watching that new show The People vs. OJ Simpson last night. Since I was so young when it actually happened 20+ years ago I didn’t really know much besides what everyone else knows – that OJ killed his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson. I was so surprised to learn more facts about the situation last night from the first of this 10-part series. It’s so insane to me that OJ got away with brutally murdering his wife and another man when there was so much evidence that he did it. And especially after years of physical abuse he committed against Nicole that had been reported to law enforcement. Such a tragic story. I’ll definitely be watching the rest of the mini-series!

In other TV news, The Bachelor. First off, I think Ben is a hottie – obviously. I’m curious to know what he’s like in real life, because I think he comes off a little boring on the show, but hey at least he’s not a douche like Juan Pablo. I think like most people I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I find all the drama completely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Two dates with a guy, a bunch of other girls, and a full tv crew and you’re in love? That seems about right. Do they even talk about more than how they are there for the right reasons? Anyways, all the viewers have seen plenty of crazy Olivia these past few weeks and for the first time it was brought to Ben’s attention this week. Will he see it? Will he care? Will producers let him kick her off the show even if he wants to? Who are we kidding, we all know she isn’t going anywhere. My current favorites are Lauren B. (of course), Lauren H. (although I’m constantly thinking her name is Leah and I actually think she’s going to end up in the friend-zone), and Amanda (who was never actually a teen mom). Amanda’s super sweet voice reminds me a lot of Emily Maynard’s voice, but I think Amanda is very genuine so I can deal with the squeakiness. And who doesn’t love Becca. Am I right? I think she’ll make the top 4, but I don’t see her with Ben in the end. I do think there is a very good chance JoJo will be the dark horse of this season similar to how Catherine was in Sean’s season. She was practically invisible the majority of the season and then bam, she’s the one. I wouldn’t be surprised for a similar situation to happen like that for Ben and JoJo. Well, I officially think I’ve spent too much time on The Bachelor. My bad.

Winter. I’m over you. I want sun and warm weather please. I have too many cute summer shoes that are being neglected.

I have a cracked windshield and my Brazilian Blowout and roots have grown out. I’m trying to decide which big purchase to take care of first. I’ve been debating which one will cost more and have concluded they will probably be about the same amount. Regardless, I have a feeling my hair will win out. I need to go back to more blonde. This darker hair is boring.

Ok, maybe that’s enough random thoughts for today.

No comments: