Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Mormon on the Real World


On this season of MTV's reality show The Real World: Brooklyn they have a Mormon on the show from Salt Lake City, Utah. This makes me kinda nervous and definitely guarantees I'll be tuning in on Wednesday nights.

On one hand I think it's really great for Mormons to get out there and start getting the truth out about our beliefs and who we are as a people and as individuals, but on the other hand it makes me really nervous that seeing one person's faults will led to new misconceptions about our religion as a whole.

The guy's name is Chet and although the other cast members have been giving him some crap about being gay due to his style of dressing and his friendship with another guy in the house, he's already come out as being a virgin, never masturbating, and as being the designated driver in the group. So far so good, I hope he can represent us well!

I do have one question though.... he's 23 and in some of the footage he's wearing a sleeveless shirt or a deep V neck, so is he not endowed?

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I was wondering the same thing to. He hasn't mentioned a mission yet so maybe not.

Genna said...

I found the answer to my question.....

http://www.realworlddailies.com/Video/Meet-Chet/092ECFFFF00A1312F001700AB5B69

He said he did go on a mission so he should be wearing his G's.....