Tuesday, January 20, 2009

my story

For my communications class tomorrow night we have the assignment of "telling our story". There are so many different stories to chose from that have molded different parts of my personality and character that I'm left wondering which story to chose. I think I'm supposed to make the connection of tying it into what kind of class member/student I'm going to be, but I'm really not that sure. Anyways, my preliminary idea is of telling about the flood in St. George. It was a pretty big and unusual event that taught me some valuable lessons about community and helping others even if you don't know them. It was taught me about what is really important in life and what we can lose in an instant. It also taught me that when the roads you always use are out of commission going the other way can be pretty annoying! Anyways I think I'm gonna talk about that but I still have 18 hours to change my mind. Any suggestions of stories that I wouldn't mind sharing with an entire class of basically complete strangers?

No comments: