Tuesday, March 23, 2010

101 Things

I borrowed a book from a friend called 101 Things You Should Do Before You Graduate. As I was looking through it I found some things, I've done, some things I still want to do, and some things I'll never do. But it got me thinking of the past 5 years I've spent here in Provo at BYU and instead of going off the list in the book I've decided to list my very own 101 favorite memories of the past 5 years, in no particular order.
  1. Meeting my first BYU friends Mo McGoldrick and Emily Hixson
  2. Having our Book of Mormon teacher, Brother Marsh, set Mo, Emily, and I up with his son and his friends. Can you say awkward....
  3. Bonding with my freshman roommates over chocolate chip cookie dough (also one of the worst things about college, the blasted cookie dough, not the roommates of course!)
  4. Freshman FHE brothers. 197 boys are the best! Also the video they made which helped us get through the years they were on their missions
  5. Car rides home with Matt Dixon, especially when he brought movies for me to watch
  6. Four square in the middle of the parking lot at Heritage Halls
  7. Sleeping in the backyard of Zack Milne's grandma's house
  8. As with #6 is Zack's pathetic attempt to help Ashley Wadsworth (now Ashley Voelkel) and I actually get into the grandma's house at like 6 am to use the bathroom. This consequently led to Ashley and I literally running like 10 blocks to a gas station, at 6 am no less, to find some relief.
  9. Also with #6 was the boys throwing their blankets on the girls in the bed of the truck and running inside the house to finish sleeping after grandma came out in the morning. This led the girls to wake up burning hot and alone. All was forgiven after granny's great breakfast and a long morning nap on the floor.
  10. Snowball fights!
  11. Beating up Nicole Christensen (Now Nichole Walker) while Morgan Maxfield (now Morgan Rogers) video taped
  12. Sleepovers in Morgan and Nicole's room
  13. Football games
  14. Classic Skating with Morgan and Cabrina Minson (now Cabrina McNeil)
  15. Jess Gomm chasing Jordan Mangum out of our dorm after curfew and scaling the walls as she ran after him
  16. Building forts in the dorm common area
  17. Matt Dixon's towel shorts
  18. Playing Crochet on the grass at Kimball Hall
  19. Mocking the Kimball Hall quiet hours
  20. The amazing picture taken of Morgan and me from when we played ultimate frisbee in the snow
  21. Cameron Nelson and slurpies, enough said
  22. Hiking Stuart Falls with Morgan and Nicole
  23. When we were messing around taking pictures in Morgan and Nicole's room and Cabrina dropped the camera on her face! It was sad, but HILARIOUS at the same time.
  24. Hiking the Y
  25. The night Morgan had gone to bed but Nicole and I were still up messing around and when Nicole tried to get into her room Morgan started freaking out and swearing at us for being loud, which of course only made up laugh more.
  26. The cursed shower power and sticky hand
  27. Hiding Zack in Morgan and Nicole's room when Leslie's family was visiting our dorm
  28. When Morgan and Nicole thought it would be funny to make we unknowingly watch a super creepy email video thing that ended in me basically falling off the desk chair while screaming for my life and crying
  29. Playing/sitting in the dryers
  30. Pushing my broken down Neon into the middle of the parking so we could get Morgan's AAA to come tow it
  31. All of my freshman roomies laying on my tiny twin bed
  32. Moving out of the Heritage Halls with it's cement walls and shelf that I'd hit my head on
  33. Canterwood #1 - oh how I love you
  34. Summer in Provo
  35. Scooter rides
  36. Kris McGuire's amazing massages - don't worry, it always stayed PG
  37. Laying out in the Canterwood Courtyard
  38. Cheering for Thomas Bills at the baseball games
  39. Calling Rachelle Gleason "Rochelle" for the 1st month we lived together, thinking it was how her name was pronounced of course
  40. Game nights in 202
  41. Laying on the kitchen counter and table listening to Mika with Rachelle
  42. The Toler's, Amanda and Chelsea, amazing musical talents, with Katie on the maracas of course
  43. Being twitterpated, Nicole knows what I'm talking about =)
  44. Calls in the middle of the night from Nicole while I was away from Provo. Always good stories
  45. Basically moving Nicole's mattress into my room one summer so we could stay up late and talk every night, you know, cuz if we were in our separate rooms it wouldn't be as fun
  46. Sitting on the grass in front of Canterwood while enjoying a popsicle and watching for a car crash
  47. Getting locked out of our apartment and Nicole and I having to spend the night on Tyson's couch
  48. Picture time with Nicole, we have way too many photos!
  49. Sneaking into CW 9 and rearranging the furniture
  50. River Rafting in Moab
  51. Tyson Wyatt, thanks for keeping my eyebrows pretty
  52. Sleepover in Park City
  53. Feeding the ducks at the pond at the bottom of the hill
  54. My love/hate relationship with the one and only PF
  55. Ryan Folsom's amazing butt. I love that kid!
  56. Flirting with Jeff Anderson
  57. The Blaze game followed by a car photo shoot with Nicole of course
  58. Sunday naps at the park
  59. Floating the Provo River
  60. Yoga wars with Tanner Parkinson
  61. SPRINKLERS!
  62. T - everything about him
  63. The best California trip with Nicole. So much fun and so much sun!!
  64. Playing on the swings at the coolest park ever (the one by Walmart with the giant circling swings)
  65. Chris Merritt concerts with the gang
  66. Monica Thomas's (now Monica Billen) footie pajamas
  67. Christmas Lights at Temple Square
  68. Getting into the accounting program
  69. Boyd Randall, Michael Pinegar, Peter Johnson, Jeff Marsh, and Bob Gardner
  70. The Payson Lake outing and doctoring Rachelle's poor foot afterward
  71. Trip to the hot springs, we may have been misinformed about the trek in and out of there
  72. Tubing at Soldier Hallow and beating up Jordan Edwards with my tube
  73. Bishop Bowcut, the best bishop for college students!
  74. Bowling with Shannan Brooks, Laura Callan, and Meaghan Reese at Fatcats. Thanks for the hook-up Meaghan
  75. Rollerblading while Brenna Ray biked all throughout Provo. And nothing was better than when we rocked out to We The Kings
  76. My awesome accounting friends - Michelle Miller Teicher, Emma Douglas (just Douglas, hahaha yeah her and I are like the only single ones in the Tax program, go us!) Lindsay Barraclough Owen, Michelle Brown, and the boys of course. Special shout out to the MANEC group, Michelle Teichert, Emma Douglas, Jae Clarke, Ian Walser, and Matt Van Dyke. How I miss that class.....NOT!
  77. The endless amount of jokes about the one and only Jessica Fields. My favorite was probably when she told us she wasn't going to answer any more questions about the stupid Rootbeer game even though no one knew what we were supposed to be doing. "I know how you guys like to understand things."
  78. Foxwood's pool and hottub
  79. Longboarding the Provo Canyon at night
  80. Movie nights with John Hill and Mikey McMillian that lasted till 6 am and only Mikey and I would stay up and John would fall asleep so early
  81. "Whoever smelt it, dealt it." "I have to pee." hahaha on of the funniest nights every!! Love you Rachelle and Nicole!
  82. Celebrating failing a final with Emma by driving through the street of Provo looking for the best Christmas lights. Also incorporated with this memory is the one of Emma losing her phone in the snow and guess who was able to find it...yours truly. Good times.
  83. Trip to the Hoggle Zoo and the amazing photo session at This is the Place monument. "Do you want a mint leaf?"
  84. Longboarding to Spanish class at 8 am
  85. Getting accepted into the MAcc - Tax stem is the best!
  86. DC/DP runs with Brittany Hewitt
  87. Getting an internship and subsequent job offer from PricewaterhouseCoopers in Los Angeles, CA
  88. Going along with #78, just about everything that happened during my summer in LA. Not technically while at BYU but during the time frame so it counts. I exclude any drama I encountered during these months, and everyone from this time should know exactly what drama I'm talking about.
  89. When the power was out for like 2 hours and Emma and I were so bored and had no clue what to do. LC is always the solution.
  90. Outdoor ice skating
  91. When Rodrigo and Tucker came to visit me in Utah!! Favorite parts - Ikea, tubing, pictures around Temple Square in Salt Lake and the Capital, playing board/card games, Tucker reading Dear John on the couch and crying while Rodrigo and I stared at her, taking a nap with Rodrigo, and every other part of that weekend!
  92. The Renevati dream team - Kelsie James (yes, one of my besties from high school), Hannah Gibson, John Pugh, David Walke, and David Garcia (or Hawaiian Dave, or Asian Dave - take your pick)! Nothing better than g-chats, scrabble, planned bathroom breaks, trips to Will's Pit Stop, and qualifieds. Just make sure to sign out of your chats when you leave the room!
  93. LC Mondays, and CSI NY Wednesday
  94. Graduation photo shoot with Kelsie and Hannah in the freezing weather!






  95. GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE!!!
I decided to leave the last bit of ones blank since I still have a month left and you never know what can happen in a month. But don't be worried cuz I will fill them all in by gradation. Also, if I left something out feel free to leave a comment reminding me of the awesome time, you know how crappy my memory is. Anyways, there you have it, and basic wrap-up of the last 5 years of my life.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Genna! Thanks for the shout out. Those were totally some good times we had that summer weren't they? Oh to be young again! Remember our Friday movie dates? We only did that a few times, but it was fantastic!

Rachelle said...

I love that I am lucky enough to be a part of multiple favorite college memories of yours! You're in mine too. And hopefully more in LA!

Morgan said...

So many good memories. It makes me miss BYU, and you of course.

Nicole said...

I almost died laughing at all the ones from freshman year! I forgot what great times those were!!! One to add: Santa Jon out in the snow... U fill in the rest, oh and when Morgan's Jacob came over dressed in that dog costume!!! Hmmm loved the one about being twitterpated:) good times!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute and cool.... lots of amazing memories... your blog really fun when i am reading it.. thanks for sharing..christmas lights