Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2nd Annual California Trip

Just like last year my mom and I took a trip to California this month. It was pretty fun. We took my mom's new convertible, which was a blast!

After being anti for so long I finally broke down and decided to start reading the Twilight books. So on the way to California I started reading the first book. Well about a chapter into it my mom wanted me to read out loud so she could hear/read it too. So we took turns reading the first book to each other. As I was driving into the busier part of California my mom started doing voices for the different characters. I'm so surprised I didn't get in a wreck, because I was seriously laughing soooo hard! Needless to say, not only was I hooked on the books, but also my mom, my oldest sister - Michele -, and my other sister - Amber - bought all the books to start reading them to.

We also did a bunch of other things on the trip too:
  • My mom, Michele, and I went to Mamma Mia! I seriously love that movie!!! It kinda creeps me out when my mom says that she thinks Pierce Brosnan is "sexy", because that is what I always say about Sawyer from LOST. I love him.
  • Went to Seaworld
  • Spent the day at the beach, where my swimsuit top shifted a little too much due to a huge wave I body surfed. Also, my mom and I were super cool as we layed out on the beach reading Twilight. (At least we were reading to ourselves so we weren't as weird!)
  • Shopped around Balboa Island! I seriously LOVE Balboa Island. They had the coolest little shop with some of the coolest and most expensive clocks ever! Also, while on the Island my mom's awesome cousin Marla got in a fight with some old lady in a mini van while she was helping my mom parallel park in a tiny spot.
  • We spent the night in Marla's huge house in Laguna Hills, which seriously looks just like the house in the movie When a Stranger Calls
  • My mom taught me how to crochet. I know, I'm super cool! But really, I'm making a sweet baby blanket.
  • I ate at one of my favorite restaurants ever in Temecula. Pat and Oscars anyone?!
  • My sister got me hooked on Buckle jeans. Good for my wardrobe, bad for my wallet.
  • I got a sweet tan, and a horrible burn - on my lip especially that turned into the worst fever blister/cold sore ever!!!
Pretty much, an awesome time was had!

No comments: