Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reuniting with high school friends!

Usually when I go home I just hang out with my family, but after my California trip with my mom I had Lauren Cox's (Lo's) wedding reception to go to. So I had planned to meet up with Kelsie James (Kelso) to go to the reception. We were both pretty skeptical about how it was going to be and whether we'd want to be there for very long. Well as soon as we starting talking and met up with Jennifer Shakespeare (Jeff) and Kaylee Andrus we realized that hanging out again was so freakin fun!!! We stayed the entire time at the reception and then made plans to hang out even longer all that night! After Lo's awesome reception, filled with yummy snowcones and stealing the flower girls' flowers, we made plans for the rest of the night.

After a quick visit to Kelso's friend's party in Bloomington we met back up with Jeff to see the new Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 movies at midnight. The movies was kinda lame and I'm made that the girl picked the ugly Greek boy over the hot semi-black guy, who was freakin hot!!! Anyways Jeff fell asleep pretty soon into the movie and that was pretty funny. Afterwards we sat around the lobby of the movie theater taking a million pictures while Kelso skeemed that Jeff should steal the extra popcorn that was just sitting on the counter. Of course sketchy little Jeff did it. =) So we decided to do a good little deed with our ill-gotten gain and feed the ducks up at the Skyling pool on the red hill. A good time was had by all for sure!

After that Kelso, Jeff, and I went up to the Dixie rock and caught up and were creeped out by a weird man howling in the background. After a couple of hours up there it was now like 4 in the morning and we decided that we just needed to have a sleepover on Jeff's trampoline! The best idea ever. Of course more pictures were taken and more memories remembered! It was so much fun!!! So of course that couldn't be the end!

On my last night in SG I hung out with my hs friends again! At midnight Kelso and Kaylee came over to my parents' house and we longboarded up to the church building around the corner and longboarded and talked for about 2 hours. Well of course that's not the end!! We decided someone was missing.... Jeffner! So we came up with this great plan to kidnap or just surprise Jeff! Naturally, we cruised around in my car and after one first stalker outing that was almost thwarted by a "bum" we headed to Jeff's! Very quietly we snuck/walked into Jeff's house and after a few false alarms we finally found where Jeff was sleeping. For some reason Kelso, Kaylee, and I decided we should all just quietly hide in the dark while Jeff was saying some hilarious stuff! "Who's out there? Is someone here? I'm not wearing any pants." And other such hilarious things! I loved it. Finally we couldn't contain our laughter and so our cover was blown and Jeff herded us upstairs. After some random conversations upstairs and some scary moments as Jeff tried to convince us that a tv we were hearing was really some ghost. Anyways after we decided we were all too ridiculously tired, Kelso, Kay Kay, and I headed back to my car and decided it was time for some caffeine! 3:30 am = Maverik run! Some caffeine and candy later we were even more creeped out by the crazy worker lady who was telling us ghost stories and about how she'd seen us pass by hours earlier. So as politely as possible I started backing up and rolling up my window. Anyways a little more longboarding in front of my parents' house and then Kelso and I proceeded to import her cd's onto my computer until 7 am. Oh yeah, did I mention that this was the night before I had to drive back up to Provo. Am I crazy? Or is that just what SG does to me? Needless to say I had a blast!!! It was so nice to finally have someone to stay up ridiculously late with, but now it's back to reality, aka Provo. Sad day. But I can't wait to go back and hang out with all those girls again. Oh, and on a side note, it was really funny runny into some other random people from high school. There were a couple of people that didn't recognize me at first which I thought was weird. Also, it's funny running into some of the guys from hs that were "cool" but not super nice, but apparently missions do boys good, cuz now all these boys are way nice. Who would have thought, but it's very refreshing to see that some things in SG do actually change! Ok, now it's picture time!







































No comments: