Friday, April 11, 2008

the nerdy excitement of an accountant!

I have had such an amazing day!!! (As far as accounting classes go) We had a group presentation on a case that my group and I have spent 6-7 hours working on between yesterday and today. The case was pretty hard and we had no clue if we were even on the right track as far as our formulas and other answers were concerned. So we just decided that we'd stick with our answers and try to make them seem right.

We started out our presentation and everything was going alright, the teachers we had evaluating us were cool and it seemed to go really well. The first speaker started out and right away the teachers told us that to save some time he said our numbers looked good and that we can move on. So he went to the next slide and started talking about other numbers, again the teacher said that our answers looked good and that we could just move on. They even jokingly asked if we'd gotten a copy of the answer key.

Randomly throughout the presentation the teachers would ask us questions that they come back to us for the answers. After I gave my little part they asked me a question that I thought was so hard, but as my other group members were responding to their questions there came an opportunity for me to find a quick fix to my answer. So, when the teachers asked me my response I gave them the quick fix, kinda funny, answer and they just started laughing and like my quick response and witty answer. It was an awesome feeling. Also, after we were done giving our presentation and the teachers were saying how good we had done I said that if they wanted to take down our names to remember as they look over the MAcc applications they could. Again more laughter.

As my group finished and we were walking out the teachers said that we were the best presentation they'd seen all day and that our numbers were the most correct that they'd seen all day. How awesome is that!!! I was so stoked. It takes a lot to feel good about your work when you're in the Junior Core and today I actually felt so smart. I seriously couldn't stop smiling when I walked out of the classroom! A good day for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go genna! I knew you were smart :)