Wednesday, April 9, 2008

..time's just a canvas.


Some friends and I went to see the movie 27 Dresses tonight. I have already seen it once before and I think it's a really cute movie... chick flick obviously. The whole premise behind the movie is this girl who loves weddings and has been a bridesmaid 27 times. - See the connection with the 27 dresses - Well, she ends up having to plan her little sister's wedding to the man of her dreams. Then there are all these issue and other people that come into play, including a crazy best friend who is pretty scandalous and someone I'd secretly (or maybe not so secretly) love to be. Anyways, towards the end of the movie there is this really cute song that I think can represent many different things. It's call "Be Here Now" by Ray LaMontagne, and I have added it to my playlist. I think this song is really sweet and here are the lyrics: (It's kind of a long song - time wise, not lyric wise - but go with it because I think it's worth it.)

Don’t let your mind get weary and confused..
your will be still; don’t try.
Don’t let your heart get heavy, child;
inside you there’s a strength that lies.


Don’t let your soul get lonely, child..
it’s only time; it will go by.
Don’t look for love in faces, places —
it’s in you; that’s where you’ll find kindness.


Be here.. be here now.. be here now..
be.. be here now.. be here now…


Don’t lose your faith in me,
and I will try not to lose faith in you.
Don’t put your trust in walls,
‘cause walls will only crush you when they fall.


Be…be here now… be here now.
Be…be here now…be here now.

*Oh, I also added another song by Secondhand Serenade called "Fall For You". I found out tonight that it is my brother and his fiancé's song. I guess Danielle, my soon to be sister-in-law and long time family friend, was listening to this song when she realized she loved my brother. How cute is that? Here they are at my parents' house for Easter 2008 with his 5 year old daughter, Bella, and here 9 month old son, Ryder. We are very much an American family, but don't even get me started on that!


1 comment:

mom said...

Nice layout on the blog Gen. Cute outfit for orientation and final presentation and choice of pics was great. See you next weekend....Love Mom. Gonna go get my hair but now.