Friday, April 22, 2016

I forgot to mention

*I can't believe I didn't mention this yesterday, but I was just so focused on not forgetting the pancake hug dream.

Two nights ago I got home from work (and solo dining at my favorite restaurant in Flower Mound) and I was EXHAUSTED. I think it was a combination of getting back into my normal work/life routine after a week away mixed with trying to get over being sick, two days of tax training, and not getting enough sleep (like ever). Well that night I switched into my night dress (yes a night dress, they are so comfortable and I'm part grandma) as soon as I walked in the door and started to watch TV. Within 30 minutes of watching I noticed I kept drifting off so finally I decided to do something so uncharacteristic of me that I surprised myself - I went to bed early.

Like REALLY early.

As in, 7:30pm early. 

For any parent out there reading this who thinks that may not seem like a crazy time, keep in mind I am a single night owl. I consider myself good if I get to bed sometime between midnight and 1am (like I normally do - although last night I didn't go to bed till 3am, but that's another deal).

Anyways...

The point is I went to bed crazy early, only woke up once or twice for a few minutes, and then I slept until around 8am the next day. THAT'S RIGHT, over 12 hours of sleep.

It was amazing!

The End.

No comments: