Monday, March 7, 2016

So What If They Die

I feel like I always hear of women that hate getting flowers from their (fill in relationship status here) because they die and it’s a waste of money. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, here is why I think flowers are a worthwhile use of excess money (if you have it). 
 
I’ll share the first analogy that popped in my head when I thought of the “flowers die so don’t waste money on them” concept. Food turns into poop, but you still spend money on that. So what I’ve determined is that the fact they die isn’t the issue, it’s that they aren’t a necessity. And if you don’t have excess funds then of course I can understand not wanting someone to constantly be spending money you don’t have on something you don’t really need. 
 
But here is the super simple reason for why I love getting flowers. They are pretty. And they make me happy. Not like eternally happy or anything intense like that. But it’s really hard to look at beautiful flowers and not feel a little happy inside. They look great. They smell nice. And they add a little pop of color to their surroundings. 

Here is a beautiful arrangement that I found sitting on my desk this morning when I came into work.
 
My boss’s daughter, who owns a flower shop here in DFW, had a bridal expo this weekend that she was a part of. Instead of throwing away the flowers after the show my boss decided to bring them into work and leave them on different people’s desks. Such a simple and thoughtful act, but it has totally brightened up my Monday. 

Moral of the story, if I’m ever in a relationship I hope my guy will surprise me with pretty flowers from time to time.

No comments: